Brittany A. Sloan primarily focuses on elder law, including, but not limited to:
- Long-term care – Pre-Elder/Retirement planning, locating Long-Term Care Facilities, Asset Protection, reviewing Long-Term Care Funding options
- Medicaid planning – Medicaid applications, Asset Protection, Medicaid spend-downs, QIT (Miller) Trusts, Lady Bird Deeds, Transfer on Death Deeds
- Medicare – Medicare Savings Program, Medicare Supplement planning
- Social Security – Social Security Disability Appeals,
- Veteran planning – obtaining VA Aid & Attendance benefits, VA Pension benefits, and assisting in VA Disability Claims/Appeals
- Estate Planning – planning for a minor or adult with special needs, Powers of Attorney, etc.
- Probate/Trust Administration
- Social Security – Supplemental Security Claims, Social Security Disability Claims, Social Security Disability Appeals
In addition, Brittany also handles probate, estate planning, real estate, guardianship and business matters.
Brittany is an Accredited Claims Attorney by the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs and an Appointed Attorney Representative by the U.S. Social Security Administration. She is a member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Montgomery County Bar Association, and the Woodlands Bar Association. Brittany serves on the Board of Directors for Meals on Wheels - Montgomery County. Brittany also teaches a class for Lonestar College – Montgomery’s Academy for Lifelong Learning called, “What Am I Leaving On The Table?” The class focuses on commonly missed government benefits and relationships/overlaps between Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid and VA for aging seniors.
Brittany has a Juris Doctorate from Texas Tech University School of Law, a Master’s in Business Administration from the Rawls College of Business at Texas Tech University, and a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Studio Art from the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor. At UMHB, Brittany played soccer, earning All-Conference and Academic All-Conference honors. During her time at TTU, she also played for the TTU Women’s Club soccer team. Brittany is also a graduate of Leadership Montgomery County.
Brittany is married with two children, Carter and Charlotte. Her husband, Morgan, teaches and coaches baseball for Willis High School.
- JD, Texas Tech University, School of Law - Lubbock, TX
- MBA, Texas Tech University, Rawls College of Business - Lubbock, TX
- BFA, University of Mary Hardin-Baylor - Belton, TX
- Accredited Claims Attorney – U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Appointed Attorney Representative – Social Security Administration
- Member of National Association of Elder Law Attorneys
- Member of Montgomery County Bar Association
- Member of National Association of Elder Law Attorneys Texas Chapter
- Board of Directors for Meals on Wheels Montgomery County
- Leadership Montgomery County – Class of 2018
- Instructor – Lone Star College – Montgomery, Academy for Lifelong Learning