Brittany A. Sloan, MBA, JDSenior Associate Attorney
Brittany A. Sloan specializes in elder law, including special needs, Medicaid, Social Security, and VA planning. In addition, Brittany also handles probate, estate planning, and business matters.
Brittany is an Accredited Claims Attorney by the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs and an Appointed Attorney Representative by the U.S. Social Security Administration. She is a member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Montgomery County Bar Association, and the Woodlands Bar Association.
Brittany is on the Board of Directors for Meals on Wheels - Montgomery County, where she has served on the Executive Hiring, Strategic Planning and Executive Committees. Brittany also teaches a class called, “What Am I Leaving On The Table?” for Lonestar College – Montgomery’s Academy for Lifelong Learning. The class focuses on commonly missed government benefits and relationships/overlaps between Social Security, Medicaid and VA for aging seniors. This year, Brittany was also asked to be a member of Leadership Montgomery County’s Class of 2018.
Brittany has a Master’s in Business Administration and a Juris Doctorate from Texas Tech University and Bachelor of Fine Arts in Studio Art from the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor. At UMHB, Brittany played soccer, earning All-Conference and Academic All-Conference honors. During her time at TTU, she also played for the TTU Women’s Club soccer team.
Brittany is married with two children, Carter and Charlotte. Her husband, Morgan, teaches and coaches baseball for Willis High School.
Her practice primarily focuses on:
- Elder - including retirement and long-term care planning
- Real Estate
- Business - entity formations, asset purchases, member buyouts, etc.
- Estate Planning - including gun trusts
- Social Security – Supplemental Security Claims, Social Security Disability Claims, Social Security Disability Appeals
- She is also a Certified Mediator
- JD, Texas Tech University, School of Law - Lubbock, TX
- MBA, Texas Tech University, Rawls College of Business - Lubbock, TX
- BFA, University of Mary Hardin-Baylor - Belton, TX
- Accredited Claims Attorney – U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Appointed Attorney Representative – Social Security Administration
- Member of National Association of Elder Law Attorneys
- Member of Montgomery County Bar Association
- Member of National Association of Elder Law Attorneys Texas Chapter
- Board of Directors for Meals on Wheels Montgomery County
- Leadership Montgomery County – Class of 2018
- Instructor – Lone Star College – Montgomery, Academy for Lifelong Learning