Establishing a Trust in Montgomery County
The Woodlands Estate Planning Attorneys
During the estate planning process, it may be beneficial for you to draft a trust that reassigns your assets and outlines how you want your estate to be managed. There are different types of trusts that a Montgomery County estate planning lawyer from Dossey & Jones, PLLC, located in The Woodlands, TX can help you draft, each with its unique benefits. We can review each option with you during an estate planning no obligation consultation so that you can make the best decision for your situation. Our desire is to help you be confident that your estate is and will be in good hands.
Types of Trusts in The Woodlands, Texas
- Can be used to replace a will and avoid probate
- Outlines how to transfer your assets upon your death
- Names a trustee of your choice to handle your estate
- All assets are re-titled during your lifetime in the name of the trust
- Greater privacy from third parties and creditors
- Created specifically to exclude life insurance from the gross taxable estate of the decedent
- Administers property given to others
- Convenient management tool when used in connection with giving strategies
- Annual exclusion gifts and lifetime credits can be given to irrevocable gift trusts
- Can provide estate planning for the next generation
- Trust provisions included in your last will and testament or revocable trust
- Can be amended/revoked until your death
- Assets not transferred and funded to testamentary trust until after your death
- Provide method to manage inheritance of children
- Asset protection for beneficiaries
- Estate tax and generation-skipping transfer tax savings
Contact Dossey & Jones, PLLC - No Obligation Consultation
The attorneys with our firm have helped Texas residents for decades prepare their estates for the future. With such proven knowledge and experience in both estate planning and probate, we are more than qualified to help you plan for the future and avoid probate if desired.
Contact our Montgomery County estate planning firm as soon as possible to get started!