What Is a Non-Disclosure Agreement?
Call Conroe Business Lawyers
Businesses may use Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA) or confidentiality agreements to protect trade secrets or confidential terms of deals or transactions.
NDA’s provide the following protections under the law:
- Ensures that the private information shared with the business will not be made public
- Restricts the type of information that business consultants may share if they have access to private information
- Limits information that independent contractors may share
- Allows parties to a business transaction to share information freely before the deal is completed
- Allows parties to exchange information for the purpose of developing a product before other legal protections are in place such as copyrights and patents.
- Provides the first line of defense for protecting trade secrets.
If you have any questions or require assistance with creating a non-disclosure agreement, please contact Dossey & Jones, PLLC today!
What Is Included in an NDA?
When you retain the services of our experienced business lawyers in Conroe, Texas, we work with our clients closely to better understand their objectives. It is critically important that a non-disclosure agreement is in place before confidential information is exchanged.
These are the types of information protected in an NDA:
- Confidential information
- Protection for trade secrets and other intellectual property
- Confidential agreements cover what information is private and what can be publicly shared
- Sensitive information about the company’s operations, business, or insider information
Any person, entity, or group who leaked the information that was covered under the NDA can face a lawsuit or another form of legal action for breaching the terms of the contract.
Representing the Rights of Others Since 1972
Dossey & Jones, PLLC has a firm grasp on the laws concerning nondisclosure agreements. If you are embarking on a new venture or enterprise and need assistance with ensuring all of the terms are legally sound, we can help! We have built a distinguished reputation for protecting the rights of others since 1972.
Schedule your appointment today! We Serve Conroe and throughout Montgomery County.
"Pleasant individual and attentive"Esteban did a great job preparing our wills and estate planning documents. Very pleasant individual and attentive to our needs. We will use them again!- Kenneth C
"Outstanding"Paige is outstanding. She walked me and my wife through our estate which could be a very complicated process. We are very happy that we found her and look forward to continuing to work with her.- Mazen N
"Wonderful to work with"Paige Jones was wonderful to work with she walk us through every process so we fully understood our documents. I highly recommend Paige and the Dossey & Jones, PLLC firm.- Kathy O
"Very friendly and professional"Great experience - Phillip Black was very friendly and professional and answered all my questions! Would highly recommend him and this law office!- Betty N