What Is a Non-Disclosure Agreement?
Call The Woodlands Business Lawyers
NDA’s provide the following protections under the law:
- Ensures that the private information shared with the business will not be made public
- Restricts the type of information that business consultants may share if they have access to private information
- Limits information that independent contractors may share
- Allows parties to a business transaction to share information freely before the deal is completed
- Allows parties to exchange information for the purpose of developing a product before other legal protections are in place such as copyrights and patents.
- Provides the first line of defense for protecting trade secrets.
If you have any questions or require assistance with creating a non-disclosure agreement, please contact Dossey & Jones, PLLC today! (281) 410-2792.
What Is Included in an NDA?
When you retain the services of our experienced business lawyers in The Woodlands, Texas, we work with our clients closely to better understand their objectives. It is critically important that a non-disclosure agreement is in place before confidential information is exchanged.
These are the types of information protected in an NDA:
- Confidential information
- Protection for trade secrets and other intellectual property
- Confidential agreements cover what information is private and what can be publicly shared
- Sensitive information about the company’s operations, business, or insider information
Any person, entity, or group who leaked the information that was covered under the NDA can face a lawsuit or another form of legal action for breaching the terms of the contract.
Representing the Rights of Others Since 1972
Dossey & Jones, PLLC has a firm grasp on the laws concerning nondisclosure agreements. If you are embarking on a new venture or enterprise and need assistance with ensuring all of the terms are legally sound, we can help! We have built a distinguished reputation for protecting the rights of others since 1972.
Schedule your appointment today! We Serve The Woodlands and throughout Montgomery County.